Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bible Study Update and Prayer

I would first like to say my buddy Nick in the picture all bundled up is not a undercover cop. It was a joke. Tomorrow is the Bible study for the University of Mary. We are meeting at my apartment. We think we will have about 10 peeps there and I think they will be a solid group. The type to be leaders. So, pray for that and that God would give me the words to say and give me wisdom in teaching them. Also, pray for the BSC Bible study. The people there really don't seem like they want to reach others and it only seems like one is really into it. So, we are moving that off campus next week and pray that I would be able to find some strong Christians at BSC to join the Bible study.
Lastly, pray for Dakota Hills church. The church I am going to and my buddy Jody is the pastor of. The church has been around a couple years and pretty much stayed at 15-20 people. We are trying to make some changes. But, with a small one we made with software, there seemed to be some resistance. So, pray that the people there would see that change is needed to reach people.
Other than that I am enjoying it up here and think that I am getting a job doing after school care for underprivileged kids at a local elementary school. It is through the YMCA and a government program. They seem to be the only ones that want me to work. All the other jobs I applied for I haven't heard anything. I guess God wants me to be there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for clarifying that he is not an undercover cop. I was very concerned! :-) I will be praying that everything goes well with your Bible Studies and I am glad that you found a job!

Love you,
Laurel

Anonymous said...

Ryan, it's great to hear that things are starting to fall into place up there. The YMCA job sounds awesome, and I will pray for your bible study. I guess Ben will be there soon, so that is also awesome. Stay Warm!
-Ben Kuykendall